In this video, Entrepreneur Network partner Brian Tracy explains why productive people are happier people.
According to Tracy, the difference between being productive and being busy is extremely distinct. In Tracy’s definition of the words, “busy” means always being occupied with things to do, while being “productive” means working towards a purpose. Tracy backs up this claim by laying out a few steps you can take to make sure you being productive:
- The more you accomplish, the better you will feel about yourself. Tracy stresses that, instead of worrying about how big or small the task is, instead, put your mind to finishing the task itself. Tracy mentions that every time you knock off something off your to-do list, your brain is sent a shot of dopamine, making you feel fulfilled.
- When you have something to look forward to, you wil feel more excited to jump out of bed. Moreover, when you have a solid goal to work towards, your mindset will automatically feel more centered and prepared to take on the day.
- Clean up clutter. When there is simply too much stuff crowding your living space, the stress just automatically follows.
- Exercise. The act of exercising is an automatic mood-booster.
- Find something to do at all times. When you are occupied with some project or task, you are less likely to let your mind wander and settle into negative thoughts.
- Purpose. As Tracy notes, a key indicator you are being productive over being busy is working towards a purpose.