Ideas to Make Extra Income
These are tested and proven means of making extra income every month.
1. TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME – QUIT THE ATTITUDE OF “THERE IS NO OPPORTUNITY”
This line is not meant for motivational speakers alone, if you want to make some extra income then you have to first and foremost get rid of the idea that opportunities do not exist. That attitude alone is a sure way to remain a victim of insufficient funds every month. You need to start seeing opportunities even when the situation says otherwise. Stop thinking ‘I can’t’ and start thinking ‘I can’.
2. TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME – DIG OUT THE TALENTS
Most Nigerians have become so engrossed in the impression that the Nigerian Government should be responsible for catering for their needs and in the process, they bury their talents. Well, apparently it is time to dig out those buried talents because you never can tell how much income you will make simply by putting your talents into good use.
Being a writer, I have been able to use my writing skills to make extra income for myself monthly simply by rendering my services to people who need it and guess what, it pays at the end. Find out what you are good at and convert it into cool cash for yourself.
Some of these talents include
- Fashion designing
- Repairs (phones, generators etc)
3. TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME – MAKE MONEY FROM THE INTERNET
The internet contains thousands of information which when used wisely can earn you more than you can imagine. Most of us have smart phones but we have not learnt the act of putting them to good use.
Quit the unnecessary time spent on social media making irrelevant posts and surfing through sites that will add no value to your life. Start using your smart phones to search for the abundant opportunities that exist online.
Some of the online opportunities include:
- MMM: MMM gives you a technical platform which helps millions of participants worldwide to connect those who NEED help to those who are ready to PROVIDE help, for FREE. All transferred funds to another participant are your help given by your own good will to another one, absolutely gratis.
- Blogging: Creating a blog of your own gives you an avenue to showcase your skills to the world, not only this you also have the opportunity to make money from your blog through google adsense, advertisement.
- Start a job search website: Several Nigerians are on the look out for job opportunities and considering the fact that we are now in the 21st century where everything has been made easy due to the advent of technology, people don’t need to wait for daily newspapers to receive job ads anymore. All it takes is a click on the right website. Starting a job search website can bring you extra income if you have the patience it takes.
- Start a freelance job: The internet contains several websites that are in need of freelancers. Not only does this bring you extra income, it also gives you the privilege of working from the comfort of your home or anywhere you choose while the money comes rolling in. Some of the sites that hire freelancers include: Freelancer.com, Infoguidenigeria.com, Ghostwriter.ng, Jobmanconnect etc
4. TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME – START TUTORIALS/LESSONS
This is another cool way to make extra income every month. Simply organising tutorials for Jamb, WAEC, NECO etc will bring in more cash to your pocket in a month. For serving corpers, these tutorials can be in the form of an extra place of primary assignment other than the one you are initially posted to.
At the end of every month, you receive your federal government allowance, your place of primary assignment allowance and your extra place of primary assignment allowance.
5.TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME – DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS
It is not enough to be skilful in various fields, it is also vital to develop these skills. Take classes with respect to your area of specialization. This gives you an edge over others; not only that, you will also be able to meet up with the demands of your clients at any point in time. Should in case you have no skills to develop, it is never too late to learn new skills.
6. TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME – STUDY YOUR ENVIRONMENT
Taking full advantage of your environment exposes you to the needs of people there. Find out a need and fill the gap. As a corper posted to an interior village without light, a good business opportunity include setting up a phone charging centre where people can charge their phones due to lack of power supply.
Every environment has its own peculiar needs to be met. All it takes is to study the needs of the people there and make it a money making channel for yourself.
7. TO MAKE EXTRA INCOME – BE PATIENCE!
All the above mentioned are cool ideas on how to make extra income every month but more often than not, it requires time and patience to work out exactly as you envision. There is no crime in starting small. Online jobs like freelancing and blogging most especially require a lot of hard work, dedication and patience to start yielding the desired result.