As professionals, no matter the field of endeavor we belong to, productivity is one of the important things in our work.
Productivity is one of the important things needed as a professional, whether as a career person or as an entrepreneur.
Being productive helps to get more work done effectively and efficiently. When we are productive, we get more work done faster and we have room to do other things. Furthermore, when we work faster and efficiently, we get to increase sales of goods and services. This is because when we supply more to the demands of our clients and customers, sales increase. Also, it can increase the rate of referrals we get, because we deliver our works on time.
Are you a banker, a teacher, a dancer, a writer, etc? do you have a work you do and you want to know more about productivity? Here are some productivity tips which can be used for work and at work:
1. Avoid Multitasking: multitasking slows down productivity and it doesn’t allow one to focus on one goal. Multitasking is when we do a lot of works or tasks at the same time, without taking them one after the other. When we focus on a goal, we have our attention on that goal and when we get to finish the goal on time, faster than we will have done while multitasking.
Multitasking tricks people into believing that when we do so many tasks or work together, we finish them early, which isn’t true. As a career person, one of the tips that is useful is focusing more on tasks one at a time, rather than multitasking. Focusing on one task before moving to another one has a lot of benefits than multitasking.
2. Write down clear goals: you need to also learn to write down your goals in clear terms. When you get an idea. or have some goals, you need to write them down clearly, either in pen and paper, or in your gadgets like phone or tabs. This is useful because when we write things down, and put them in places we can easily access them, we get to easily remember them.
3. Rest: as a professional, you might think that you need to work, work, and work. However, don’t forget that rest is also important. What time do you take to rest from work? Or do you always work without the thought of rest. When we rest, we feel revitalized and it can foster more productivity.
4. Get rid of distractions: distractions are part of the things that hamper productivity. And so, it is important to find out what distracts you and then make sure you find ways to avoid such things. When you find out what distracts you, it gets easier in avoiding such things.
For instance, if you find out that you get easily distracted by your phone, you can then keep your phone aside or away form sight. As you have identified it as something that distracts you from work, it get easier to put things in place to avoid it when you are working.
5. Get to work early/start work on time: as a career person, another productivity tip is that you need to get to work early. When you are punctual, you have time to settle down and put in place those things that need to be put in place so as to facilitate smooth work. Also, when you get to work on time, you get to start work on time, and complete those things that need to be completed early enough.
6. Eat healthy: food is important, and when we eat healthy, it helps our body system. And this can help us to be more productive when working.
7. Don’t skip meals: closely related to eating healthy is also not skipping meals. When we skip meals, it might cause weight loss, bring about low nutrients in the body, and so on.
8. Note down things: don’t forget to note down things. Have a pen and notebook handy to always jot down ideas, concepts, and so on for your work. You can also use your phone instead, and download note-taking apps.
9. Use useful online tools: there are so many online tools to help you as your professional in working efficiently. There are some applications available for download on your devices such as Google Docs, Asana, etc.
10. Give yourself breaks: schedule time to go on breaks. Don’t practice the habit of just working and working without taking out some time for breaks.
11. Get sleep when you need to: don’t avoid sleep. Sleep is important, and it shouldn’t be avoided.
12. Put accountability measures in place for tasks: you also need to put measures in place to help you keep track of how you are spending your time or how you are focusing on your tasks.
13. Write your to-do list the night before: instead of writing your to-do list the day you want accomplish the tasks written down, write them the night before the day.
14. Avoid procrastination: procrastination can also hamper productivity. Procrastination can make one not to do thing he/she ought to do at the right time. When one procrastinate, the person leaves off what he ought to do now for later. Procrastination can also lead to laziness which can affect productivity. When someone is lazy, he/she might not want to do things as fast as he should or he or she might prefer to do those things on a later date.
15. Outsource if you need to: sometimes you might need to outsource some tasks, in order to have time to do other things. Think about those tasks you need t outsource, and also think about outsourcing and if it is a better option. In addition, if you want to outsource, it is better to find someone who can do the job well. This is so as to avoid any waste of time or money.